Welcome to the Swiss Cottage Teaching School Alliance
We are working to a vision of Special and Mainstream schools 10 years from now; future proofing classrooms to offer the best teaching and learning for our time. We believe in delivering effective personalised learning in the classroom. We will do this by harnessing the expertise in inclusion, leadership and mentoring-coaching within the alliance applied to continuous professional learning of practitioners.
Right now we are driving to create a centre of excellence for inclusive teaching and learning & system leadership that contributes directly to School Improvement at Swiss and across our alliance. And create a Teaching School infrastructure that shifts culture within and across schools to contribute to a shared vision.
What does this look like in practice?
Ensuring inclusive pedagogy:
- A Pan London inclusion hub, contributing to all ITT in London.
- Enhanced pathways – training and development for SEND Champions.
- Leadership programmes that support Special and mainstream collaboration.
Ensuring effective networks:
- Drive school improvement through strategic leadership from NLEs, LLEs and SLEs working collaboratively to support shared goals.
- Expertise (SLEs/programmers/artists/analysts/assessors/) working as a shared resource across school alliances.